找回密码
 注册
查看: 2233|回复: 2

[爱城新闻] 爱城DAYCARE会失去执照

[复制链接]
鲜花(23) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-7-20 09:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
爱城"Child and Family Services"的权威人士准备关闭一个DAYCARE,原因是"不满足儿童发展的需要".
% h* z7 Y* ^  n. D  O3 \- U: r: A* I: J' e8 I4 L  L- y/ K7 {
坐落在118th Avenue的 "Sunnyland Marisol Day Care" 和 "Sunnyland Marisol Out of School Care Centre"将在八月十七被夺取执照. 一般这个DAYCARE里大约会有50个孩子.. K. P( y) d5 N! w% l$ @: p- O# u7 s5 t

2 K) }& }) P: }4 n' u& ]# ~2 b) U, U爱城"Children's Services "两年前已经和 "Sunnyland Marisol"产生困难了.6 y/ t, Q3 E! g5 A) F7 Y2 i) M

' _+ G, j) ]9 e- o! S6 W) X' ~6 X& k+ QEdmonton's Child and Family Services Authority is shutting down a day-care and out-of-school care centre for failing to "meet the developmental needs of children."
3 p/ A# d" ]5 Q, H5 z5 K1 R2 A: o9 d% }
* g4 o- M1 z+ u$ @The Sunnyland Marisol Day Care and Sunnyland Marisol Out of School Care Centre on 118th Avenue will lose its child-care licence as of Aug. 17. On most days the centre was responsible for about 50 children.  Q' w+ m8 u- E4 h( ?
. t4 Z7 A3 M7 o+ q* m0 i9 c
Children's Services in Edmonton has had problems with Sunnyland Marisol for about two years, spokeswoman Cheryl Oxford said.
1 r* }) D6 E1 b7 R8 f. M" ?* [/ t; v  h! q2 {( N
"We would be working with them to educate them about child-care regulations, give them opportunities to come into compliance," she said. "Some areas they may have been able to address over time. But others became more serious and in this particular case, just not meeting a level of compliance that we need them to be at in order to ensure that quality of care."
6 R; E9 U( r6 ]$ N* X! |0 X
; g% Z0 V" }# c; h, e" @& ?4 e* fIn a release, Children's Services said Sunnyland Marisol failed to provide programs "to meet the developmental needs of children" through inadequate supervision, a shortage of adequately qualified staff and "inappropriate child guidance."
: R) G) ]7 W" ?+ _& f' r* z+ P2 o' s" D$ x
"Child guidance is a broad category," Oxford said. "An example might be not intervening when children are having disputes and not being able to provide some of that proactive guidance to the children to help them manage their behaviours."
) r/ R* G4 }" i8 e. h% @' P% l1 s. B+ y, v
The owner of the centre has 30 days to appeal the child-care authority's decision. In the meantime, Children's Services staff will visit Sunnyland Marisol on a weekly basis./ |* U) \& T1 H5 M: |& }

0 i$ O, {% }- W8 qThe Edmonton and Area Child and Family Services Authority licenses and monitors more than 670 day cares, nursery schools and out-of-school-care facilities in the region.
鲜花(16) 鸡蛋(2)
发表于 2007-7-20 22:37 | 显示全部楼层
没太看明白关闭的原因是他们的水平不够还是孩子的数量不够,老师过剩?
鲜花(23) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2007-7-24 10:41 | 显示全部楼层
水平不够...
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-31 01:46 , Processed in 0.092240 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.