找回密码
 注册
查看: 1263|回复: 1

[招聘信息] Welcome to the Working in Alberta Online Job Expo

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-5-1 08:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
May 14 and 15, 2013 the Government of Alberta is hosting the Working in Alberta Online Job Expo. This is a free, online event for jobseekers in the oil & gas, construction, manufacturing, transportation and utilities & warehousing sectors. If you are qualified and interested in attending the Expo, register online at www.AlbertaJobExpo.com .* i8 {, z7 ~0 v$ H( ?9 n
; }8 [- y! }8 t) k( i% J
Here is some advice on how to get the most out of the Job Expo.
4 f0 m7 m( b  f! a9 ?+ UCome prepared!2 T9 ^7 S9 n9 F- P6 f8 F; q1 i
Have your up-to-date résumé ready in advance and keep a printed copy with you to refer to when speaking to employers., q" [$ B- K7 Z. Q0 w* `& _
Test your computer to verify that you meet the system requirements .# n5 g6 I( k/ g) A
# u7 q; w) F  D* X5 J
Stand out. Research the employers you want to speak with and prepare questions about the job. Don’t be the 800th person asking who they are and what they do.! T; w0 W( ]- ?+ [! X
Be professional; do not use slang, emoticons or abbreviations in the online chat.
2 W: M# ~. E& X5 w8 f  [Be honest; if you are not qualified for the position, do not apply for it.6 z$ T7 a& L& K) g; h
Dress appropriately, some employers may want to have a video chat (make sure your desk space is tidy as well). A web camera is NOT required to attend the show, it is an option.5 m: X/ R, Z% x* i: ]# W+ W/ s
Take notes; have paper and pen handy to jot down information you may need later.) K- Y8 ^  @( ^' r0 D8 x
Review Available Jobs, `9 H5 B$ L6 _. `$ s5 ~
Employers are looking for skilled workers in their advertised jobs. They have listed all available occupations. If you are looking for a job that is not listed feel free to go employer websites and submit a resume however please do not inquire at the show. Do not automatically apply for every job a company is advertising unless you are truly qualified. Employers will think you are not qualified for any job if you apply for everything.& @  I3 u2 B- w# ?
You will be able to speak to employers and other exhibitors using the chat window. Some employers may have webcams, if you have one you can suggest a video meeting. We are expecting the show to be busy, be patient while waiting to speak with the employers of your choice.1 M+ u4 Y/ K: U* |- X9 c! t
4 A* I6 _. w4 T1 }  i8 W$ W
On-site Resources
, p9 R' r, |& y/ `0 C- M* x3 ~There are many other resources for you to investigate at the show.
: H- {" j! z! U; o2 F" iTradespeople can speak to Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training about what qualifications they must meet to work in Alberta
/ ^& y+ T) c  Z+ g' y2 ~3 Y" NEngineers can speak to APEGA about what qualifications they must meet to work in Alberta5 M3 C9 \5 i3 \, f: F" T. z; A
If you need help in learning how to find a job you can speak with Alberta Works3 N  I4 ]8 v! F" T
If you are interested in learning more about Alberta, its economy, landscape and culture we have representatives from different areas around Alberta and many links and brochures for you to download at the Government of Alberta information booth.
鲜花(21) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2013-5-1 16:42 | 显示全部楼层
Good news
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-1 19:24 , Processed in 0.223328 second(s), 12 queries , Gzip On, APC On.