Required Travel: None
: n8 V+ U. i! v& M* n( cMin Education: Ph.D. % F  L# [5 `5 G% p# Q4 A
Posted: June 23, 2010
2 k+ k+ i% F* d3 Q& m( [' Q  FJob Function: Postdoc
; \7 I: v: \, |7 K6 w- L4 PMin Experience: None
7 d- [0 k  [0 g+ Y4 ^1 yJob Type: Full-Time + O, R/ l& `) {  ~+ P8 Z8 M3 h/ e
Salary: Yearly Salary) 5 m6 i$ ^) v' s; H

7 u, Y0 b$ D$ h* F! v1 U8 K5 g7 C& V; V3 v! N/ a6 J
Postdoctoral position in single molecule biophysics: protein folding and aggregation studies
8 o3 u6 s/ v5 [! a) h% D
+ M2 l8 p5 O- Z* QA postdoctoral position in single-molecule biophysics is available immediately at the Department of Physics, University of Alberta and the National Institute for Nanotechnology, in the research group of Michael Woodside. A talented experimentalist is sought to conduct research into protein folding, misfolding, and aggregation, primarily using single-molecule fluorescence techniques. The successful candidates will work with a team of technicians and other researchers (at the University, the Institute, and in industry) to characterize the folding and aggregation behaviour of various disease-related proteins and to explore the effects of potential drugs on the folding/misfolding. These studies will be done using fluorescence spectroscopies (e.g. FCS and FRET), optical tweezers, and standard biochemical approaches. Responsibilities will include designing experiments; operating, maintaining, and improving instrumentation (as needed); analyzing data and writing papers; and working with other team members to translate experimental results into methods for studying drug candidates.$ B7 T9 C; R" p* e$ c7 F7 b; f# V  |
& F8 B5 ?3 H7 ?! _; \/ T
0 s/ q4 V" I# {& M' W( M3 B0 ?1 w; C2 b' ~
The National Institute for Nanotechnology is Canada’s flagship research institute in nanotechnology. It is located on the campus of the University of Alberta, in the provincial capital, Edmonton. A city of 1 million people, Edmonton has a lively cultural scene, and it also offers numerous opportunities for outdoors enthusiasts, especially in the unrivalled beauty of nearby Jasper and Banff national parks.) A/ i9 u2 G# t) x/ k' I
, f+ @) `0 `  y  f  W5 t' v; I8 [
To apply, send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information (names, positions, phone numbers, mail and email addresses) for three references to Michael Woodside at michael.woodside@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.
# U% ?  {. n3 X" L" {
" \; G' V/ w/ r- q- ?. C! GJob Requirements
% Y7 n, l) `3 ~/ b# U$ f+ U
" t9 S3 @4 D% O0 o/ zMotivated candidates with an interest in interdisciplinary research should have received a Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or a closely related field within the last 2-3 years. Candidates should demonstrate a strong experimental record, with experience in single-molecule biophysics, fluorescence spectroscopy, force spectroscopy, laser optics, or protein folding, and should have a desire to learn and apply new techniques. Prior experience with single-molecule fluorescence methods would be particularly valued. Experience in molecular biology is helpful but not required, as technical support will be available in a fully-equipped biochemistry lab. The position is expected to last for at least 2 years.# N' M3 m1 ^+ a& r9 M

# u1 o$ T1 N0 ^Contact Person: Michael Woodside
. N8 x. W0 @8 wEmail Address: michael.woodside@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
$ {$ \' K7 b; tPhone: 780-641-1695 , [: n# `0 n/ @; i8 U6 j+ g9 R
& q! M! U* [8 D$ S+ y, P4 ~
Employment Opportunity / City of Edmonton Community Services  }6 `* R5 u- C! Q1 d- u7 d( v
Edmonton TO APPLY Online & further details, visit: workexperience.cn
: v; A6 c( f- q: B2 g' f0 K需要找工作的朋友可以去Work Experience(workexperience.cn)搜索工作职位,目前很多公司正在招人(全职和兼职现金工),这个招聘网站是英文版的,所以英文不好的朋友可以借助翻译软件,希望能对失业的朋友有些帮助!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-24 12:03 , Processed in 0.072987 second(s), 11 queries , Gzip On, APC On.