Newcomer Internship: Accountant  ]6 v' a3 e1 z: W' e  Y- W/ w, M
Job Requisition Number: 1293
2 A  C& `9 p8 [" }9 n, F( iMay 22, 2008 - Jun 21, 2008  
/ a0 Y3 M1 `- t" f1 `& C
6 ~* g8 G: C% B9 zUnion: Out of Scope
; G- b- C/ V/ I % Y, d; N( S' F
Number of Openings (approximation): 1 - Temporary - Full-time
% S/ b4 a9 C9 [1 K$ k8 K) m
  J% a- ?' V. x+ L- ~7 j8 hDepartment: Client Accounting Services Branch (Finance Department)
; ~7 ?" m5 n9 q1 }# y: e & b' J. `" x) [3 m) {
Work Location(s): CN Tower (025) 10004 - 104 Ave, T5J 0K1
( D- ^3 o4 P7 d  |( U; m; ^3 I! d
. `' q$ ]! u+ L0 W  k  f9 a0 ^
Description: B* l- O7 f3 s8 m4 x: i
  5 u# C4 X) B7 V0 j9 M4 ]! N
This temporary position is for approximately 11 months.; [, R3 s& _% H) ?

/ F  w2 w3 m+ [+ T) t9 {! M0 H+ PAs part of the City of Edmonton's Newcomer Internship Program, we are seeking a highly motivated internationally trained Accountant to work as an intern for a period of 11 months.  The objective of this program is to provide foreign trained professionals with meaningful Canadian work experience related to their qualifications, skills and experience.
) k5 M  E$ R5 a4 M" |, `2 r/ Y                                             : o* J) y/ j2 \
The City of Edmonton's Client Accounting Services Branch values hardworking Accountants who are committed to a rewarding career that encompasses all aspects of the Branch's activities. We are a large employer in a city that boasts one of the most cost-competitive business environments in the world, dynamic growth, and outstanding career building potential.  Our Accountants are key players in budgeting, strategic planning, internal auditing, accounting and reporting, materials purchasing, client services and special projects.  They provide sound financial advice and analysis for decision making throughout the organization.
0 _4 y1 E7 L( e; S. w% ?- {  1 C9 o% W" w7 F! J/ c: z3 T
Functions:
1 _0 D( F6 @- ?4 a! R•        Preparation of month end and ad hoc reporting for management& O5 Z( K# p, ~) E$ N- T9 ]- J
•        Assists in the renew and analysis of financial systems and initiates various improvements to upgrade the quality of financial accounting systems
- K2 T; a9 U, J# h•        Provides cost accounting services to departments in areas of general cost reporting, expenses, inventory reconciliation and analysis of complex profit/cost relationships
, O. X* }  v% [; x0 ]0 X•        Providing technical and professional advice and assistance to department officials in matters pertaining to financial policies and procedures, accounting, cost analysis and reporting: v2 I1 }, z9 _$ \1 {
•        Preparation in the year-end process including the preparation and review of statements and working papers# R! t) N! d0 E4 p/ Q$ D0 K
Job Requirements
# h; K/ o( o' T  & M8 L" K. r( y/ p8 x& e( ]
•        University degree obtained outside of Canada (bachelor or applied) in an accounting-related discipline
1 e# t) l# ?" M7 L. ~•        Working towards a Canadian accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA) would be considered an asset  e0 N* Q6 r8 z& F
•        Three (3) years of progressively responsible international accounting experience
' u7 ^0 i5 F' {! N•        A basic working knowledge of Corporate Financial Systems) X6 V$ J6 z' U, s! P
•        Demonstrated competency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and spreadsheets: \5 n% x7 c# o2 @
•        Demonstrated ability to deal courteously with the public and make decisions within established policies7 J" _4 Y* E/ ?. y2 H
•        A basic knowledge of accounting, administrative procedures and regulations including GAAP, and GST
+ w& ]0 ^' m: E6 W& N•        Excellent verbal and written communication skills
4 i( r  U$ ]5 J' o/ j5 X& o# O! H1 fHours of Work: 33.75 hours per week, Monday - Friday.  Hours of work may be subject to the terms and conditions of a variable hours of work program." T8 R" Y9 h8 Y" s$ G
Salary Range: $27.00 hourly/ f$ |7 Q* D8 |! {1 q( ?0 P7 k
General: This is an Out of Scope position.  The City of Edmonton thanks all applicants for their interest in this employment opportunity; however, only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
" x8 a7 o" _8 `9 ~2 w& r/ p5 `+ k8 ^Human Resources Consultant:  GF/MB               
4 g  X# K* F4 p6 e4 X0 z* H; e9 X9 S1 a0 j/ H
To apply online and for further details, visit www.edmonton.ca/careers.
. i8 K6 D7 Q6 N" Q0 P
0 ^; B, L$ n7 \Application can also be faxed to (780)496-8063 or submitted in the drop-off box at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7. All postings close at 12:01a.m.(in the morning) on the date listed.
鲜花(122) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-22 13:06 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-5-23 17:53 | 显示全部楼层
好工作!!!
理袁律师事务所
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-1 22:02 , Processed in 0.162104 second(s), 13 queries , Gzip On, APC On.