找回密码
 注册
查看: 13757|回复: 32

一个programmer职位的interview的实录(感谢wwp老兄)

[复制链接]
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-24 08:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Q: What do you consider to be your major strengths you bring to this company?
1 z% ]/ H# E' B2 I- q7 C. h1 _  ?1 sA: My extensive knowledge in J2EE can contribute to your company immediately. For example, I can take part in the design and development of EJBs, JSP pages using the appropriate design patterns. I also have good knowledge in database. I can take part in the development of database application and tune the application for good performance. 5 strengths: Java/J2EE, Oracle database, UNIX, quick learner and creative.1 ]% F9 V' f4 e. h4 U* q
: S6 {2 h4 `/ p' E' U1 {" Y+ p
Q: What do you feel you have to contribute to this organization?: |) |2 u! M) D2 C3 [  ~
A: I have good knowledge in XML, XML Schema, XSLT and SOAP. These knowledge can be used in the business-to-business application, data modeling and enhance system performance. I also like to contribute my idea in the software design and open to different opinion.
# A9 ^+ G9 ?3 T0 [- }" U+ l3 `. O  D8 i2 w; ~" ?
Q: What area of skills or development do you want to improve on this time?
! G4 ^/ f) B) D8 dA: Currently, I am learning the web services technology, it is an infrastructure for the next generation business-to-business application based-on the Internet.9 c$ U( R4 v6 |9 `, \
$ _/ O* D2 j: T( F5 i
Q: Tell me what you enjoyed most and least about your last employer?
; c6 J% {- |4 @, FA: I liked the work environment of my last company. I got a lot of opportunity to use and enhance my skills in Java/J2EE, XML and project management. I believe I can better use my skills in this position.- w, ?( R% o* U

' w+ v: T3 c8 ?9 n, `% g/ L. WQ: Tell me about your early career development in this project?
/ p- t5 w& O* |2 x. XA: When I began to work as a technical support in! o+ p/ B. o, }; [3 J: j! F  ]7 P
Start Computer Company for the OLTP project. I had to learn the business, UNIX, C and database quickly. So I can talk with customers comfortably and customized the application in terms of their requirement.
! Q1 u8 Q  r! w$ G: m# {& A# V6 Q3 T& }& }* C1 L9 |
Q: Why are you interested in our company?' A( r; z# y# P
A: The requirement of this position are exactly what I have, in addition, I am result-oriented, I always. K& e/ a$ ]0 A/ w, Z
focus on meeting the deadline of the project and emphasize the quality of the software. So I can make
  l' z4 I# m4 E& F/ jvaluable contribution to your company.
0 x8 Y: X- F2 [$ H3 t* g
/ T$ Q& i- m' Y. `Q: What is your ideal work environment?
; t3 P% U! g' \) q7 H; K. O, s: oA: I liked the work environment in which everyone does one’s best to make sure the success of the project.. N# Y: V  f! ^
The whole team has open communication. The team leader has strong control over the project. For example, when we have different idea on how to code the nightly scrape program, what we do is each one design a prototype in different way. Then we compare which one is the best.
: Z- v2 Z; N2 D$ |2 V- }
- |, H) O6 @! K# k' @3 xQ: Describe your ideal position. M0 h0 ~0 k5 K- g4 k" D
A: My strength is the design and development of software. I liked the position of software developer.
& v: N8 k4 `6 P8 W$ EI can also work well in the software prototype development and evaluation of third party software.
6 u& P- l  g2 f1 ^% h. T3 ]$ O
0 @% r' z) S& |" b. h* tQ: What new technologies do you think will be most significant over the next few years?0 }  |3 w# ~0 N6 A: t: u
A: The internet-based distributed application will have significant increase in the next few years, which includes the development of XML-based technologies, such as Web Services, and the development of encryption technology.. K* V. Z* l2 I
: q/ p6 G) D+ u: r6 v0 `
Q: Tell me about your most significant team projects you have worked on?
  X7 e* J, b9 y- {* eA: The online shopping project I have worked with in my last position is most significant team project I have worked on. This is a complicated system. Which included online shopping, order process, credit card authorization and commodity shipping. We used EJBs, JSPs, XML and J2EE design patterns in the project. We also overcome the difficulty of basket programming.
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2005-9-24 08:29 | 显示全部楼层

continue

Q: Describe any experience you have had with encryption.
" m5 _# ?) f2 S! o2 y* m' w& ZA: I have worked with encryption early when I worked in the OLTP project. We used DES to encrypt the sensitive information of debit card transaction. I also used triple-DES to exchange sensitive information with smart card when I worked in the smart card project.4 X3 x  P2 M( H( I
, }" Q( l* o0 \' c5 s/ k
Q: What products have designed?
8 k* H, {9 r: k  B! J$ ~A: I have designed the IGlue-based nightly scrape program, which is flexible and powerful. The program can extract data from U.S. merchant sites according to requirements, when something was wrong, the program will send an email about what had happened.& D* U5 G! o- Z& V8 B
+ @. Y" k: d8 c* J, \. B4 S- g
Q: If I walked into your workplace, what would it look like?
* f  b% f5 T& W* U  ^6 ~5 vA: In my last position, the workplace is wide and open. Everyone has a computer and a big file folder.
6 c( B2 s1 O5 F1 r) f" C2 oWe worked on the computers. We also had meeting room for discussion.
; f9 ?9 U" t2 A
) D) \. p8 [) n9 {+ jQ: Why you become interested in Java?& a7 D( J1 H" b1 d( c, F
A: When I contacted the idea of Servlet, JSP and JDBC. I found it is a good idea compared with ASP, which is based on Visual Basic script. Later I learned more about J2EE. I became fascinating in using Java/J2EE to implement Web-based application.6 \7 P5 N1 N8 ?% g

/ u/ j6 H$ U$ K( ^Q: Why did you move from smart card industry to e-business industry?
: i; i7 ]9 o% i9 zA: As more and more companies extend their business to online business. It is inevitable fro many developer to have e-business software development experience.
/ n) x$ V2 [: ?& m7 B8 y3 ~! z/ o! P& x0 p* g* q* N
Q: Give me an example of how you were able to handle stress., T7 r, z, Q% c* S/ y2 ]6 r! Y; Z
A: I had to deal with stress when I worked with8 K, D. N) A# Z1 M' k4 g' z
customers on site. We had to do our best to meet their deadline. I would talk with my customers about the current project honestly. I will try to identify the critical issues in the project based-on requirement2 Q8 h- e/ G3 [1 w% `- e) @
analysis. Then I will set the priority for different issues. In this way, we can achieve customer satisfaction.
1 e; b5 d8 H, W9 |0 F
  A( G( D$ h; hQ: Tell me about a difficult experience in your work life?0 e! \" z4 l" D. D
A: When I worked in a distributed debit card transaction system. I have very tough deadline because our customer wanted to compete with their competitor. We had an open conversation with our customer. We identified the critical issues in the system. We set high priority for these issues and make sure these issues will work properly before the deadline. We added new functionalities to the system gradually later.4 i7 n- D5 z. \

* b$ U8 A) c) c* ^2 dQ: How do you manage deadlines and demands on your time?
" z* q2 f$ H1 D  X& Q; MA: I know the deadline and demands are important for company. I always treat deadlines and demands& H: j5 a3 R: E1 Q$ B  v" G
seriously. I will set a plan to meet the deadlines and try my best to execute the plan. If I really need more resources, I will ask my supervisor to help me.- J/ p# Q2 |6 j- n( H

' x1 s5 q( r" J3 Y1 hQ: Describe a time when you corrected a mistake
9 v! i; q4 C+ V; `5 _A: When I worked in the POS application, the application had a mysterious bug in one POS. After I persistently worked on this issue. I found the power of this POS went off from time to time. Later I found the bug is because we didn’t reset a variable which should be reset when the application is restarted every time.
$ D& X. B0 B5 z* o
- f0 I' ~/ O' BQ: How do you see yourself in 1-5 years?2 A, k" N7 v( I8 z1 `
A: I hope I can play an active role in this position, learn as much as I can about the project and the technologies used in the project. I also want to learn more about system design and project management.
) I. Y) j4 u* M& J, O6 r  O- N; h7 j/ j: U* H( T" j. G
Q: What is your salary requirement?
9 o6 L# \) v$ W1 B: K$ zA: Based on my research the salary range for this position rates from high 40,000 to high 50,000. I am looking for something between these ranges.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-24 18:05 | 显示全部楼层
good performance!
鲜花(16) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-24 22:45 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
非常有用的信息,我也作JAVA开发的。谢谢!!!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-25 05:48 | 显示全部楼层
"I would talk with my customers about the current project honestly"& w7 l$ x3 ?& G2 r3 Q' y8 z
哦???
: w$ C4 F1 W7 F% j! |. j1 y  }Sometime是行不通滴,虽然不中听,但是是事实.应该说是沉默好过说话.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-25 08:50 | 显示全部楼层

Very helpful.Thanks.

鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-27 13:19 | 显示全部楼层

Good memory and good response, but some suggestions

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
didn't read your entire questionnaire carefully (busy, sorry). But your answers are good and it's amazing that you remember them all! Good job.
% v5 r- r0 a# O$ h6 ^* j7 u/ K( q# F. `0 G( q9 |8 m- W" D& b
Next time when you try to change to another job and face the same question for salary, don't tell them your expection. Usually they will ask your current salary and your expection. Don't tell them unless you don't care they give you this offer or not. If it is this case, then simply tell them the expection which should be much higher than whatever you are making currently.6 J2 `( @- e/ ]* d, `+ W4 [, f
" Z7 @  K3 ?' @
Otherwise, just say you don't really know and you believe based on your knowledge and experience, the company will give you a reasonable salary (and they do, believe me). This will put you in more control. If they give you more than you expected, then laugh with your family or friends. If they give you less than you expedted, then negotiate with them again.
0 e! a: w8 _4 N5 B. M5 X
; n7 C- o3 d" p% e3 z: XFor the case you gave them, if they think you are a very good candidate for that position, they might be laughing by just offering you 41k, which is within the range you asked for (usually they will give you 45 instead of 41. if they do give you 41, ....). You might worth 60K which is also very resonable for people with some experience.1 P2 i, ]* A1 Y& {/ U+ x

. B8 X: G% ~  r; DIf they don't value you that much during the enterview, they might think 40 is too high for you. Then immediately they will drop you, which is too bad if you are the first job seeker.
! i- j# ~3 A! C) z% p- M
( Z" Q" |  I' w. V& V. KAll depends, but not mentioning the number seems to be a better solution. At least to me and I have used it successfully for several times.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-28 07:36 | 显示全部楼层

to Veteran:

If the interviewer insist that I should give him an answer about expecting salary, shall I mention the range of salary of the position  on the market or just say I believe the company will give me a reasonable salary?7 T0 B9 F. V: P: r; d4 ]
Sounds like u  don't know the position so much   if you don't mention the range of salary of the specific position ,therefore ,the position  and U are not so "match".
7 G8 L1 {9 R/ ^- {It that right?
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-28 09:03 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Usually they don't insist.
3 N  Y) L* {8 X$ o2 C5 g* E
% A7 `/ O7 b8 e# ~( s& c' oIf they do, then you might give them some range that is around your expection. Anyway, you should have some idea how much you really want.
- o1 h; L0 `4 e  N4 y+ {. a9 D+ R; N
To your last question, I don't think there is any connection between an IT professional and his knowledge about the market price. Anyone can search for the average salary for certain profession. But individuals are different.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-28 16:35 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Wow, you got a very good memory, normally I forgot about most of the questions and answers right after the interview.
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2005-9-28 19:44 | 显示全部楼层
Not me. Somebody else
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-9-29 03:04 | 显示全部楼层
太用用了!谢谢!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-10-24 00:04 | 显示全部楼层

我喜欢

同言同羽 置业良晨
好好学习了!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2005-11-4 20:43 | 显示全部楼层

受用!

老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
我刚来一个月,我也搞电脑的,半桶水,这对我很有参考价值,谢谢!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-2-2 23:57 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks a lot for sharing!
鲜花(10) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-2-13 00:51 | 显示全部楼层
多謝多謝~~~~~~
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-3-14 18:54 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
收到,多谢多谢,让老公背去!
鲜花(63) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-3-14 19:00 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-3-15 16:45 | 显示全部楼层
very interesting and helpful, If I have same opportunity I will read it again again
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-3-16 18:27 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
这虽然是2005年的老帖,但仍然非常有用!
. e% J4 d4 M7 Q7 a
; l( `7 Z+ x# A/ `# d再次表示感谢!
鲜花(54) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2007-3-19 21:35 | 显示全部楼层
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2007-3-20 06:35 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-17 18:06 | 显示全部楼层
同言同羽 置业良晨
感谢,很有用
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-23 09:47 | 显示全部楼层
JAVA纸上谈兵好多年了,看了对话,觉得真的是有好多东西要学习啊!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-24 11:26 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
如果能再见到新近的类似新帖就更好,难觅好帖喔。。。。期待新好帖。
老柳教车
鲜花(64) 鸡蛋(0)
 楼主| 发表于 2008-8-24 19:15 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 冬子 于 2008-8-24 12:26 发表 $ o' n2 o, u. k# o7 t5 ^: G
如果能再见到新近的类似新帖就更好,难觅好帖喔。。。。期待新好帖。

& L8 w, t: ]) _
- q) r0 j) |8 K- V0 p0 [: C" R! F" f; P( V* f' B! A& Q! a
你可以写一个呀!
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-24 21:16 | 显示全部楼层

回复 楼主 的帖子

鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2008-8-24 21:36 | 显示全部楼层
Thanks for sharing.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-4-23 21:50 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
根据这些回答,感觉英语水平相当流利,可以说在工作不会有太大预言障碍, 加上优秀的工作经验.应该要更高价钱,当然,最好不要超出了行情.
5 C* r+ B- w: ]2 c* ^( `8 A* ~感谢楼主无私发帖.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2009-4-26 08:58 | 显示全部楼层
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-16 18:39 , Processed in 0.262953 second(s), 58 queries , Gzip On, APC On.