注册
查看: 1016|回复: 0

[招聘信息] Postdoctoral position in single molecule biophysics

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2010-6-30 08:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Postdoctoral fellow
$ I  G: {4 ?) Q! m. yUniversity of Alberta and National Institute for Nanotechnology
! g( M) \7 k- Q; bEdmonton, Alberta, Canada
; y! Z6 D# h, I/ ^. g: }2 yJob ID: 6926659 * T9 X& Z- _4 k( o' x5 q5 ]. b
Job Duration: 1-2 Years
# N$ G0 Q& d( ^, U8 sPosition Title: Postdoctoral fellow
1 O# T, e- h9 A3 ZRequired Travel: None
* l8 c1 y! Z5 t( q2 E  k) [9 uMin Education: Ph.D.
2 b" f* Q. g" ?# U6 e3 e Posted: June 23, 2010 " r& X! ^, u: E' E  K3 Q2 ]! z6 @
Job Function: Postdoc
4 K0 P0 F$ Z" n- s! DMin Experience: None
5 L! K' ?, ?) \, {; _+ [: r, w+ ]% ?Job Type: Full-Time 2 u" O" u6 m, e7 M% i0 D
Salary: Yearly Salary)
% H1 h+ v- h' v" i% _2 j ' |2 _- b2 n$ X2 v: y. N. i" X! I8 I2 V9 G

8 ~% N6 S3 z0 z+ T$ W1 @  _# sPostdoctoral position in single molecule biophysics: protein folding and aggregation studies# _: @0 B- c7 }# u4 y7 M/ C

. F1 {) n$ Z4 w2 ]- a2 EA postdoctoral position in single-molecule biophysics is available immediately at the Department of Physics, University of Alberta and the National Institute for Nanotechnology, in the research group of Michael Woodside. A talented experimentalist is sought to conduct research into protein folding, misfolding, and aggregation, primarily using single-molecule fluorescence techniques. The successful candidates will work with a team of technicians and other researchers (at the University, the Institute, and in industry) to characterize the folding and aggregation behaviour of various disease-related proteins and to explore the effects of potential drugs on the folding/misfolding. These studies will be done using fluorescence spectroscopies (e.g. FCS and FRET), optical tweezers, and standard biochemical approaches. Responsibilities will include designing experiments; operating, maintaining, and improving instrumentation (as needed); analyzing data and writing papers; and working with other team members to translate experimental results into methods for studying drug candidates.0 K4 }0 P; x" X5 E. w+ @

9 E  W, D! ]1 z" g& M# G/ I0 g$ g( N7 D0 R# v2 t! L0 \
The National Institute for Nanotechnology is Canada’s flagship research institute in nanotechnology. It is located on the campus of the University of Alberta, in the provincial capital, Edmonton. A city of 1 million people, Edmonton has a lively cultural scene, and it also offers numerous opportunities for outdoors enthusiasts, especially in the unrivalled beauty of nearby Jasper and Banff national parks.
6 |! D3 R. }9 @  M4 f$ y( F$ l2 E" I" ]
To apply, send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information (names, positions, phone numbers, mail and email addresses) for three references to Michael Woodside at michael.woodside@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca.
8 p/ f) ]0 r/ M7 |( u8 L! Z. _$ \" {' ]: m) v! B3 f2 g5 I
Job Requirements
0 j, E$ v& f- r) i' r! p1 c; S+ n! C3 l5 u% o  b& e+ s( u
Motivated candidates with an interest in interdisciplinary research should have received a Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or a closely related field within the last 2-3 years. Candidates should demonstrate a strong experimental record, with experience in single-molecule biophysics, fluorescence spectroscopy, force spectroscopy, laser optics, or protein folding, and should have a desire to learn and apply new techniques. Prior experience with single-molecule fluorescence methods would be particularly valued. Experience in molecular biology is helpful but not required, as technical support will be available in a fully-equipped biochemistry lab. The position is expected to last for at least 2 years.
1 d# b' q0 T. x/ b% X3 ?
6 \) {9 I1 A3 K4 q- k1 a- L, c; dContact Person: Michael Woodside
/ ?6 E5 H  H( @: j' A6 W/ kEmail Address: michael.woodside@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
& x0 r1 Q$ K! p2 wPhone: 780-641-1695
3 X& h0 f- H% p% D
- ?9 d. D# s4 O0 H; _  z$ rEmployment Opportunity / City of Edmonton Community Services
* O) V8 W. k2 `, y- uEdmonton TO APPLY Online & further details, visit: workexperience.cn$ ~; p, c6 L, i1 L
需要找工作的朋友可以去Work Experience(workexperience.cn)搜索工作职位,目前很多公司正在招人(全职和兼职现金工),这个招聘网站是英文版的,所以英文不好的朋友可以借助翻译软件,希望能对失业的朋友有些帮助!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-23 22:33 , Processed in 0.201106 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.