注册
查看: 1749|回复: 3

[亚省新闻] 难怪 Healthe care 花钱多。 看看吧。

[复制链接]
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-5-31 13:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
难怪 Healthe care 花钱多。 看看吧。----我们交的税都去哪里了!!!( W( O; z/ L' i5 ~% X8 H" {3 A

! Q: U  k- `4 m/ ICalgary doctor suspended after billing for more than 150 daily patient visits
3 l$ `  I! v' H( K* }" `6 s $ y# n+ _. r6 S$ L
Dr. John van Olm claimed to treat as many as 185 patients a day - including some who were dead
6 \' n/ X- X, N6 n8 D: x0 q" U1 U. w$ U  ]By Darcy Henton
* ^4 s2 e: C2 j) @' s4 O( V% ]/ t  D2 D. Y' P
EDMONTON — A Calgary doctor has been suspended three months for claiming to have treated dead patients and for billing the province for treating as many as 185 patients a day.
5 ?/ @, f; P5 y! ?; H8 L/ R7 }; m  g1 V3 k' e5 O; u
The College of Physicians and Surgeons found Dr. John van Olm guilty of unprofessional conduct and sentenced him to a minimum three month suspension that could stretch to 18 months if he fails to pay the $99,242.98 cost of the investigation in 30 days./ D) i" A/ e' ?  l6 P9 |3 f

+ A. m8 U8 j5 J+ z! i0 FThe Edmonton-based college says 12 times in 2006 and 2007 the number of patients seen and billed for ranged from 149 to 185 per day.
; O$ G1 p. ^6 j( ~% V; @; d  L+ o6 e8 J4 D% f
“He submitted billings to Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan for services he claimed to have provided to patients when he would not have had sufficient time to see each of the patients nor provide appropriate care to each patient,” the College said.8 G, c( v0 o8 H# _
  f7 E; }: I0 N5 K0 j2 x
Van Olm, 60, a family physician who focuses on geriatric care, said Monday he was under a lot of stress at the time because his mother died and he was raising his two children alone.0 M  q, @$ l, H* b; E

x0 O' u% G2 G, T& E" \He said all of the violations were mistakes and he corrected them when they were brought to his attention.
3 k% G" @5 t0 w* f. `# n9 m2 f
3 J  g/ W  u- s$ q“For the past five years since this came to light I have corrected everything and I have been allowed to keep working,” van Olm said in an interview with the Herald. “No more complaints have come in. No more high billings have been made. It’s all been corrected.”: W# k' x8 B; @0 @6 n. s
; V; ?6 M$ P) v2 ~
He said the College has been auditing him since a complaint was made that he borrowed money from two patients at a seniors lodge to pay his children’s fees at a Calgary private school.
% E3 i/ P1 U# q1 ?3 x+ g  i% {/ ]5 n9 h
He borrowed $1,500 from one patient and $1,200 from another, but paid the short-term loan back within days, he said. A friend of one of the patients filed a complaint with the College in 2006 and that started the lengthy investigation, he added.
, k+ W! R1 O# G
4 d9 n& i  d; o- j9 q“Why does a guy who makes such a good income borrow money from two patients?” van Olm asked rhetorically. “At the time it happened because I was not very organized.”, W! t( m+ y) t  o& Z- w4 z

5 R0 N7 I7 |* W4 r" k6 x% EVan Olm said the billing errors occurred because he was seeing scores of patients daily at 12 nursing homes and four senior citizen lodges he visits in his practice." z* ^5 G8 B2 j9 C  m

9 m" V6 c. x: j4 P4 n4 J* G“It wasn’t deliberately done,” he said.
8 r: y$ O: `3 U4 E* d2 O8 f
/ F$ K3 C% K. O, A& iHe defended his billing for large numbers of patients, saying that when he visits them in nursing homes they often don’t need a lot of care.: b7 r: w1 X% ~2 A+ T4 p+ h' |6 Q; Z
" @, d% M! z: v, v6 L  w  k7 ]
“I know my patients really well so I don’t have to spend a great deal of time with them,” he said.
) h' p' g; Y: K) K: N
# M" q, h  N: R7 aVan Olm said the College has asked him to restrict the number of patients he sees daily to 60 and he has complied.) E; k* l5 D& B

6 ~, e# A+ k. _) ^9 e4 N/ BHe said he inadvertently billed for patients who were deceased or not actually in the nursing home because he submitted his bills from a list of patients and failed to check off which ones he had actually examined. He said billing for deceased patients is not unusual." [* L1 K% L- P6 X5 w6 p- ?
" |0 c: A  q. Y
“I have had many colleagues who had have billings for deceased patients,” he said. “It’s not something that only happened to me.”
  B- t5 }+ C# o1 ~" u. z1 y
" ^1 h2 f. [6 T* X% q% KHe said the Insurance Plan doesn’t pay for billings of deceased persons so it was just an oversight and not a fraudulent act.
& q; N/ F+ z$ {1 ~" D4 k  u4 C4 V) v
Van Olm’s suspension began May 5 and continues to Aug. 4. He said he took advantage of the time off to have his knee replaced.
: d$ P1 P4 I  }  ?0 \) `, X) K& j$ U' e) w+ m; ]+ I
The physician said he has funds saved to pay the cost of the investigation.
. x' ^) ^8 R- x1 u0 ]6 }2 Y/ ?6 T1 i: b  f
“Hopefully that will be the end of it and we can get this behind us,” he said.
8 l5 E% r. c3 ~- H6 ]
) h4 h% ^$ J. U$ L8 |dhenton@calgaryherald.com" A, k  i& r$ Y3 P" I' W3 Y. `
© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald2 x4 D- Y& x( k, u$ L3 i) Q4 k
; I; x, R8 K0 }: d6 Z3 f$ e
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/h ... /4862872/story.html
鲜花(28) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-5-31 14:07 | 显示全部楼层
支持、
鲜花(2) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-6-1 06:27 | 显示全部楼层
billing for more than 150 daily patient visits& \% {; |; L1 S  I
“I have had many colleagues who had have billings for deceased patients,” he said. “It’s not something that only happened to me.”
鲜花(30) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-6-2 18:45 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Holly st, wt fk guy
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-20 07:19 , Processed in 0.158654 second(s), 17 queries , Gzip On, APC On.