[招聘信息] Seniors Outreach Coordinator

[复制链接]
鲜花(47) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2011-7-29 14:46 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Full Time-35 hours per week: J6 }6 Y; P& y/ o' ]: b
Classification Level: ‘under review’" Q! G7 k" w+ \% z( ?  S
Position Summary:8 q/ Y7 ?9 M0 J) F! M8 v3 n; t6 s6 i
Reporting to the Manager, FCSS, the Seniors Outreach Coordinator, is responsible for assisting senior citizens to maintain an active involvement in the community. To assist the senior population to identify and act upon their social needs. To assist the community in meeting senior’s present and future needs.
( y' v/ c# _( Y0 y1 `$ y, SDuties and Responsibilities:
; ~; s# L$ g! R To promote positive aging attitudes among all generations, so that knowledge and skills of all age groups can be shared for the betterment of the whole community.
( F. ^  b# u$ `+ b% e" Y% o  F To provide information, referral and advocacy services to older adults and their families.+ K! h, \5 S3 ^* O& K! O
 To provide support, information and assistance to families who are caring for elderly family members.
& O) Q8 K+ V3 Q% H+ k+ B! G Provide outreach services to isolated senior citizens in our community (may require home visits).
) d8 W4 ?9 w' m+ j6 l; X: Z9 o To assist individual seniors with forms and applications.
/ m7 n" }* v1 X  G$ h' N To advocate for the development of programs and services which contribute to the quality of life of our senior adult populations; such services may include but not be limited to Elder Abuse prevention and Respite Care programs.8 c0 @; a! J* i9 s% a4 F& I
 Monitor and access trends in the community on issues affecting seniors and aging populations.) |( u- a6 Z2 u
 To promote Leduc as a senior friendly community, assisting businesses to adapt their service delivery to address the special needs of aging populations.
1 I5 m* l  h2 U( S" j# b- | To be aware of educational and promotional services to the community on issues affecting seniors and aging (i.e. grieving, retirement planning, etc.).
; g" J( [6 S" K6 V- g3 g Continue production of the senior’s panorama newsletter along with reviewing future formatting and sponsorship.
6 B. K) B& T: k8 `& C  E3 y2 ` Chair, organize and administer activities on Community boards, committees, commissions and other agencies, to further the strategic objectives of the municipality which may require attendance during evening and some weekend hours, depending on the demands of the particular projects.2 b0 ~& i3 c9 b
 Oversee administration along with volunteer coordination, budgeting and future planning for City partnering initiatives including but not limited to the Meals on Wheels Program, Community Income Tax Program and Homemaking program.1 ^- E0 ^3 g% f- z6 @: Q' {
 Responsible and accountable for compliance with City of Leduc polices applicable to their area of responsibility, as well as City policies which apply to all employees.
' s1 E" ?( {5 F6 `" i1 T All other related duties as assigned.
) ?! v+ n3 P1 e. D8 wEducation/Experience:
7 x4 g6 O  \6 a" D  I7 g Requires a university degree in related area (ie: Social Work, Psychology, or Gerontology)." B% Z6 u- E  ~$ l6 G. ]. n) L* g
 Three to five years relevant experience preferred.0 Q9 E6 M' u  b( j  h  V$ l
 A combination of related education and experience will be considered.
9 E2 @0 O! U& DKnowledge, skills and abilities:) o# p6 _& T8 e) o+ M2 W' F3 b) [/ v
 Ability to work both independently as well as in a team atmosphere.8 a; @* R; U( l: V* s9 u- J0 _, A6 d
 Strong written, oral and interpersonal communications skills.' Z, j1 \* x+ G+ Z
 Demonstrated supervisory skills.
; }; w1 \) w8 e6 L5 q& Q1 y  K Strong organizational and leadership skills.  y$ l1 \+ l2 ^" x, i3 ^; N
 Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.& [5 R$ U+ n; }0 h
 Sound problem solving and evaluation skills.
. p! W/ _3 q* A2 ^2 S& h. O Knowledge of social and community development, the role of FCSS, FCSS Act and Regulations and all levels of government.
) t6 w+ |3 t9 j- r Knowledge of community services and agencies and the not-for-profit sector.2 ~1 D2 D6 J8 O
 Experience working with senior citizens and older adult populations.( T# G! H" R+ r2 l3 Z( R6 x/ O
 Knowledge of and skills related to evaluation and identification of community needs and community mobilization.) @5 W% g2 A  S- ?
 Able to deal with the emotions of people using sensitivity and empathy.% a/ Z: s0 f, ~8 Z" D5 k
 Knowledge of general office organization and proficiency in the operation of all general office equipment.
7 U  g$ e& P- J* K7 Q; \3 _ Considerable knowledge of software applications, particularly MS Office applications including Excel and PowerPoint.3 u1 @+ U8 e6 r6 n
 Ability to travel for regional and provincial initiatives, may be required.
% E/ [8 k# I% J9 E: m$ E9 p$ w4 cWorking Conditions:
% a" }5 a6 _7 H1 M* n# H  RThis position is primarily a sedentary office position with sitting for prolonged periods in meetings or at desk, although walking between areas may be required. Extensive contact with the public and officials in person, by telephone and computer is required. The incumbent may need to deal with upset staff and public. The office environment has moderate noise levels, controlled temperature, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
$ R, l, B- C" ^/ I4 r0 {Qualified individuals are asked to submit an up-to-date resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the qualifications. Competition will remain open until 4:30 pm, Tuesday, August 02, 2011.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-10-20 11:58 , Processed in 0.129810 second(s), 9 queries , Gzip On, APC On.