找回密码
 注册
查看: 2407|回复: 6

[加国新闻] 大学最新排名: UA第一

[复制链接]
鲜花(6) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-5 11:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
Maclean's 16th annual university rankings issue hit newsstands Thursday, with the University of Alberta at the top of the list for the first time for "reputation."% l6 G) E# E' L- p  E8 f# }% ]: H, |
) K* C) j3 M1 J  M$ `
The University of Alberta took the number one spot in the "best overall reputation" category while second place went to the University of Waterloo.
& C( n# W4 g7 {3 I1 n
+ `4 A$ i  a( {1 n3 W; F/ \! H- ]3 WAccording to the survey, Alberta also earned the top spot in the "leaders of tomorrow" category while McGill University came number one in the "highest quality" list and Waterloo ranked highest in the "most innovative" list.
; i/ }+ c8 S# d" E( x+ t( [! Z4 H) y
In the medical doctoral category, McGill University took the number one spot, with Queen's University coming in second. University of Toronto, which has held the top spot in this category from 1994 to 2005, fell to third place.
- M, Y* w8 \* U7 F
/ F, C2 _' {) x) G, g) KIn the comprehensive category, the University of Guelph moved up to first place this year from third in 2005, while Waterloo fell from first place to second and the University of Victoria fell from second place to third.! e- v, H3 s) U+ y, B

1 t- M0 U* T6 e& [& f5 ?$ jSt. Francis Xavier University, at Antigonish, N.S., heads the list of schools in the undergraduate category., q: T" Q2 }4 u+ V* q; L# b
5 ^6 [  N/ a$ W+ z# w8 y5 e
Likewise, Mount Allison held on to its second place spot and Acadia again took third place.
# ^$ V4 r# b3 n- K9 n* I4 J1 l1 f0 j2 G2 G* J
While 47 universities are included in this year's survey, more than 20 boycotted the ranking, saying they would not participate in the questionnaire used to compile information, citing concerns over methodology.5 v1 y" W6 n" c
: }+ ?  g8 e+ `+ D
Those boycotting include the University of Toronto.
$ G* s7 f' W2 ]0 A* E( Z
4 h1 J; V; Y2 H& |5 EMaclean's Managing Editor of Special Projects Tony Keller countered criticism that the ranking was dated because the magazine was forced to use some information that is at least a year old.
! p# B) g4 b: ?4 W/ H" P: D
, p' T4 j0 N9 J6 {7 O9 `3 U"We've got data that's the best publicly available data on every university," he said, appearing on CTV's Canada AM.6 s5 I2 i6 \" ]
) h1 _: ?+ @! T8 N
In some cases, the magazine served the schools with access-to-information requests to demand data it once got for free.
: J; \- E1 z. _# {; Y6 A  E. j5 [( r: d/ c9 _/ b3 p
For universities that refused to complete a questionnaire, Maclean's obtained public data for the most recently available fiscal year from sources such as Statistics Canada and the federal government's research granting councils.- E# f  c2 y0 S

- ?  B- s2 R* ^" b5 g"I will say there are some universities that have got their university presidents (with) absolutely more up-to-date information sitting on their desks, but it's not available to any member of the public, including us at the moment," Keller said.
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-5 11:25 | 显示全部楼层
UA也退出排名了, 怎么还给排上了
老柳教车
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-5 13:19 | 显示全部楼层
reputation no.1没highest quality no.1来的响亮。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-5 15:50 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
所有的大学排名都是joke
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-6 12:35 | 显示全部楼层
好大学都推出了(包括UA).这个排名真是自讨没趣。
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-6 14:36 | 显示全部楼层
这个这个...太假了...
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2006-11-6 14:42 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
实在没什么意义。想读书,还不如看看教授的介绍。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-5-9 07:27 , Processed in 0.203949 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On, APC On.