找回密码
 注册
查看: 1066|回复: 8

老赵推荐的Niall是个很好的tutor

[复制链接]
鲜花(163) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2017-9-23 14:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
前一段时间,为了配合国内某些群体的具体需求,我协助国内的团队制作了一部分绘本阅读所需的内容。然而很多的内容需要一位资深的本地人帮助理解,帮助把关。于是我就顺藤摸瓜找到了版主推荐的老师Niall。在数次的交流中,取得了良好的效果,获得了我需要的知识和技能,物有所值,在此推荐。
9 }$ e% }+ i, J$ i+ ~$ \, A) D8 p& g  e) e* w; J. q3 K
国内现在的孩子(主要是家长)早已不再满足学习一些现成的教材,而是大肆搜罗各种原版图画书(picture book, 又称绘本)和章节书(chapter book)来扩展孩子们的视野,并且学习所谓“原汁原味”的英语。可是很多的原版阅读材料充斥着北美的文化、生活习惯,反映了北美的生活方式和行为方式。这种内容,不仅国内本土的老师和家长读不懂,就连在国外生活过若干年的人士,也只能把握其中的三三四四。我本人也遇到诸多问题,于是就这样找到了Niall。
/ A1 ?) a! K6 O- S; K2 ~2 H1 _; X( D+ z4 Q; a
和Niall老师的交流是是很有成效的。Niall老师在苏格兰长大,成年后移居加拿大。他既熟悉英伦三岛的情况,又熟悉美国和加拿大的情况。对于阅读一大部分英国英语文化的材料是极大的帮助。每翻到一页,Niall老师都能够轻车熟路地指出,这一页的内容到底是什么,体现了英美文化里的哪些现象,人们的想法是怎样的,等等诸如此类的极其有用的细节信息。在儿童书里的很多词汇,并不是你在国内过了专业四级就能搞清楚的。而这恰好又是Niall的强项。他通过各种方式,包括肢体动作,来解释解释这些词汇的真正含义。这个是非常难能可贵的。
鲜花(163) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2017-9-23 14:47 | 显示全部楼层
Niall是一个老基督徒。在解释很多事情的时候,对某些社会现象本质的剖析和解释,具有相当的深度,不是一个简简单单的加拿大本地年轻白人就能够讲的出来的。但是他又不是什么事情都往神的方面上套。
$ o; i, _* K, V& F+ l+ O8 f! b0 m3 A! ^
在交流的过程中,Niall也比较注意纠错,而且会达成一种纠错和交流之间的平衡。作为一个在加拿大生活了十几年的老移民,我追求的并不是仅能满足工作需求和生活基本需求的那种英文,自然就希望老师能够多多指正。这一段时间的交流,我的硬伤也潜移默化地解决了不少。+ E; J; z$ ]3 A) W! x+ N! |
  @  \# s/ z6 ~9 }0 v; I
在Niall的间接帮助下,国内学习团体的阅读水平有了大幅度的提高。整个知识体系,恐怕是国内上外北外的知名教授也难以企及的。7 Q- N/ y% t. H+ `: ^4 `

/ N( S; [5 o4 i1 B. o$ _虽然我的需求可能和大多数的学习者不同,但我依旧可以说,对于需要进一步提高英语的人士Niall是一位真正的良师益友,值得尊敬,值得学习。
理袁律师事务所
鲜花(163) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2017-9-23 15:09 | 显示全部楼层
Some time ago, in order to help with the specific needs of groups of young English learners in China, I produced some learning materials for a team.  The materials included the explanation of how to read a series of picture books to truly understand the content. But a lot of content requires a native speaker with lots of life experience to help understand and help check. So I decided to learn from the tutor that moderator recommended, Niall.  We had about 20 learning sessions, and I achieved good results.  I acquired the knowledge and skills and I appreciated the value for money, and I recommend him to my peer learners.
+ I) }! L2 ?2 eNow the children (mainly parents) in China are no longer satisfied with learning from the textbooks, but they are always collecting a variety of original English picture books and chapter books to expand the children's vision, and learn the so-called "authentic" English. But a lot of original reading materials are full of North American culture, living habits, which reflect the North American way of life and behavior. This content is not only hard for the teachers and parents in China to comprehend, but for people who have lived in western countries for a few years as well.  You can imagine a teacher or parent who can only grasp 30% of the content; how can they effectively help the young readers which their limited knowledge?  This is why I need Niall’s help.
9 S- @7 w/ a! f% I
鲜花(163) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2017-9-30 14:33 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
Niall grew up in Scotland and moved to Canada after adulthood. He is familiar with the situation of not only the British Isles, but the United States and Canada as well.  A large part of the reading materials are from British English culture, and his knowledge helped me greatly in understanding the background. Niall is able to point out the detailed background knowledge in the contents of any page.  I always need to know what the characters really think and why they behave like that.  Niall is always giving me the information. In the materials there are also a whole bunch of words that have some meanings beyond my comprehension.  And that's exactly what Niall's strengths are. He explains the true meaning of these words through various means, including physical movements. This is very commendable.
" _% \5 D  I2 U; xNiall is an old Christian. In the interpretation of a lot of things, he tries to analyze and interpret the nature of certain social phenomena, with a considerable depth, which cannot be given by a simple Canadian young white guy. But he is not trying to push someone to believe in God. ; ~# ~/ R4 h; f0 M- N
In the process of communication, Niall also pays lots of attention to error correction, and will achieve a balance between error correction and communication.  English is my second language, so errors are inevitable.  Niall can always help me correct the errors when he hears it more than once.
7 y8 H$ ?6 o' S8 V' ]With the help of Niall, I am able to create some learning materials that significantly help the Chinese children.
; m) K" f5 l2 m' R8 TAlthough my needs may be different from most learners, I can still say that Niall, a true mentor for those who need to improve English further, is worthy of respect and worth learning.
$ w2 C1 a0 U4 V: i9 {# m* x- f
鲜花(163) 鸡蛋(1)
 楼主| 发表于 2017-9-30 14:33 | 显示全部楼层
上周没写完,这周补齐。
鲜花(143) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2017-10-1 16:14 | 显示全部楼层
老云同志努力学习英语,令人敬佩。我有个不成熟的意见。
2 B% x( H! m7 m6 M* c7 @( S9 D  Y; M我看了老云的英文翻译,第一个感觉怎么这么熟悉?然后我把老云的英文逆翻为中文,和老云自己写的中文八九不离十。这说明老云在写英文的时候,是用中文的连接词搭了个结构,然后往里头装英文,在主谓宾上加定状补。这就产生了严重的框架感和机械感。  W, m& I7 J) k2 b4 i/ ]' [8 Q
语言是应该有美感,弹性和力量的。套框架,是我们这一大批人的严重短板。其实,框架就是我们中文思维的一种延伸,只有中国人搭的语言框架最适合中国人。0 \1 }) c/ I% M$ e0 I; K
* |" Z& f( Y9 d5 ^# L
这是我不成熟的看法,希望大家批评讨论。
鲜花(143) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2017-10-1 16:41 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
补充一下,这个框架语言就好像我儿子写汉字。他不是按照左右,上下,外内的写,他是画出一个汉字。画出的字,神散行不散。
鲜花(55) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2017-10-4 22:59 | 显示全部楼层
Which character I like the most in Shrek?The DreamWorks animation. It is absolutely donkey. When everybody is afraid of Shrek, Donkey knows that Shrek is an ogre with a kind heart.when Shrek was trying to drive donkey away by saying: no wonder you dont have any friends,  his reply was amasing: only a true friend will be such cruel
鲜花(0) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2017-12-11 08:11 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-28 23:40 , Processed in 0.150846 second(s), 15 queries , Gzip On, APC On.