埃德蒙顿华人社区-Edmonton China

找回密码
 注册
查看: 2251|回复: 4

From a poor student to an owner of house and condo.

[复制链接]
鲜花(152) 鸡蛋(1)
发表于 2019-1-24 09:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
老杨团队,追求完美;客户至上,服务到位!
本帖最后由 billzhao 于 2019-3-15 08:26 编辑
  {& b/ ^, @$ ]" z  J; b: s2 m4 w. O9 P5 ~) u# I) g8 H) K
As an owner of a house and a condo which I paid in cash, I cannot help wondering how this happened. The thought of looking back at the 12 years in Canada just cannot be stopped. Then here it is, the reminiscence of the past of an international student.
6 \( D8 ]" B) n. }* D" W5 m3 o# }( S8 U( M( \4 m6 K' C. b/ M; v
The memory of coming to Edmonton on August 17, 2006 was so vivid that seems like only yesterday. The first night was awful because the bed coverings and quilt were kept in the luggage that did not arrive with me. However the next morning it was sunny with very blue sky, the most beautiful sky I had never seen. The other thing I noticed was the lawns that were incredibly green and fantastically fresh.  
4 ~" Z. P1 t. ]$ J" f+ H  W5 k# n: u+ D3 r' K2 C, X+ D3 H
One day when I was walking along the trail beside some new houses, I wondered when I could own one of the houses, which look like the villas in China only wealthy people live. I was a Ph.D. student at that time and no matter how frugal I was with my scholarship, buying a house seemed like a dream.
5 y5 y% Y, z& K" L1 r; R: ^: G8 w# G4 F5 H/ [% [
Life is full of miracles and loaded with things expected and unexpected. I had my first full time job I wish it would last. I moved out of Michener Park, the University of Alberta residence and rented an apartment in the small city. When the job finished I talked to my boss (I was a residence assistant and maintenance assistant for five years in Michener Park) hoping to return, I got a ruthless no as an answer. I rented a room at a nice couple’s townhouse, which was unbearably small and crowded. . x. v( S9 O. r) S$ G* a8 V
7 {% V8 M+ s+ v4 x% t, P0 O- ?
I thought about buying a house or something all the time but no action was taken until I visited a friend’s newly-purchased house. I bought an apartment which I loved so much that I would still have lived there if I was not forced to sell it two years later. The apartment was more spacious than my apartment in China. It was lovable also because I turned a wretched place into a two-bedroom home with my own hands. I was a so called scholar whose hands are too feeble to truss a chicken. Just kidding, in fact I was very athletic and played tennis almost everyday for hours. I had muscles but I had no clue how to apply them in renovation. - T4 }+ U) O, q. {4 t* f5 Q" t8 E

7 P; V0 O2 ?# t( jHarry was a master graduate in the early 1980s and a successful businessman before migrating to Canada. He was smart and hardworking, and had been in the profession of renovation for many years. He was my Master and great friend who showed me how to install flooring and paint walls. Ever since the work of converting a nearly condemned apartment to a beautiful home I become a handyman myself.        " K+ E' Q6 k% O  @" t* r' J: a
* x6 M  {& l$ ?9 o+ g

0 o: K# `2 _2 i- \; }8 k# N
鲜花(1) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2019-1-24 21:58 | 显示全部楼层
have very good writing and loved a meaningful life!

鲜花鸡蛋

billzhao  在2019-1-24 22:33  送朵鲜花  并说:我非常同意你的观点,送朵鲜花鼓励一下
鲜花(3) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2019-1-29 18:45 | 显示全部楼层
没看完,但语法错误很少。祝贺楼主事业有成!
鲜花(19) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2019-2-5 16:08 | 显示全部楼层
老杨团队 追求完美
让我想起了自己刚来加拿大的时候
鲜花(41) 鸡蛋(0)
发表于 2019-3-31 18:52 | 显示全部楼层
大型搬家
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

联系我们|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|埃德蒙顿中文网

GMT-7, 2024-3-28 17:10 , Processed in 0.148316 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On, APC On.